8x10 Custom Pet Portrait
Capture the unique personality of your pet with a cute and iconic custom pet portrait
- show how important your connection to your pet is with an 8x10 art print that you can frame for your home
- customized for your pet, making it meaningful and unique
- the clean and simple style is cute yet understated, so it’s flexible with decor and personal style
- makes a great personalized gift for your favorite pet parent
"I am obsessed with these. You nailed their expressions perfectly. I am amazed at how much personality you can see in these!"
—Danette, dog mom to Angie and Watson
About the custom pet portrait
With your order, you'll receive an unframed 8x10 art print for each pet. Each one is a gallery-quality archival inkjet print on archival paper. See below for more printing specifications.
The clean, understated styling of the portrait is flexible enough to fit in with different decor and personal styles, but is still full of charm and character. Every time you look at it you’ll smile!
Each pet portrait is created just for you
The pet portrait is a custom item, made especially for you after you order it*. Once I've received your order, I'll walk you through all the details so you know what to expect and make sure you love the final portrait. Here's the basic overview of how it will work:
- Place your order.
- Provide details and photos (see F.A.Q.s for photo tips) based on my follow-up email.
- Review the artwork.
- Receive your 8x10 art print in the mail.
"OH. MY. GOODNESS. This is seriously the cutest, best thing I've ever gotten in the mail."
—Niki, dog mom to Fiona
*A note about artwork rights: If you purchase the digital files, you'll have the rights to use the artwork however you'd like. Oxford Dogma also retains the rights to use the artwork in marketing communications and products for sale, such as through Society6.
How long will it take to get my pet portrait?
The timing depends in part on your availability, but here’s how it breaks down:
- When you place your order, I'll email you about your pet’s details and photos in 1 business day or less.
- When you provide the necessary details and photos, you’ll get a mockup of the portrait to review within a week.
- After I receive your feedback, you’ll receive the final art print in about 5-10 days.
So if you’re able to reply to my messages quickly, the process takes a couple of weeks. If you’re busy with life (or snuggling your pet!) it will spread the process out.
What kinds of photos of my pet should I send?
In order to draw your pet, good reference photos are key. When taking pictures, aim for these things:
- enough light to clearly show fur color and markings
- get down low and position yourself so you're face to face with your pet for head-on shots (rather than standing above your pet and aiming the camera down)
- include a couple of sitting positions and standing positions
- if there's a particular pose or expression you like, capture it so it communicates to me the correct positioning and features
- include clear images of any key elements such as a collar or other accessory if you'd like it included in the portrait
What kind of ink and paper is used for the art print?
Your print will come from Society6, an online on-demand printing service. Each one is a gallery-quality Giclée print on natural white, matte, ultra smooth, 100% cotton rag, acid and lignin free archival paper using Epson K3 archival inks. It's custom trimmed with a 1" border for framing.
What else can I do with my custom pet portrait?
After you place your order, I'll send you an email to learn more about your pet. At that time (or any time afterward), you'll have the opportunity to purchase the digital artwork of your pet's portrait for an additional $35 per pet. You can use the digital files however you'd like, including things like:
- order note cards, greeting cards, stickers, or other printed items from a site like moo.com
- use it to personalize a number of gifts, accessories, decor, or other products like mugs, t-shirts, tote bags, or pillows from Society6.com
- print your own on a color ink jet or laser printer
- desktop wallpaper on your computer, tablet, or phone
Oxford Dogma also retains the rights to use the artwork in marketing communications and printed pet products like those seen on Society6.com.